I was asked to be a presenter at my upline's Stampin' Up! Event that is this weekend. I designed several card samples for the event this is one of them. I wanted to use the traditional card size, so I adapted it from a much larger sample I saw. I have fallen in love with the Bohemian designer series paper. I love the bold prints and the gorgeous colours within the paper. I started with a base of Bermuda Bay - ah, my #1 favourite colour!
For the front, I used a piece of the Bohemian DSP that has a bunch of colours so I could make this card super bright and colourful. It has Bermuda Bay, Delightful Dijon and Rich Razzleberry - such lovely colours! I also added some of the new and super yummy Dotted Lace Trim. If you haven't checked this ribbon out yet, oh my... it's so silky and soft. Love it!!! The greeting I chose was from another new set called One Big Meaning. You can never have enough "thank you" greetings and this one has so many lovely ones with large printing, scripted fonts and some with a combination of both!
So this card looked just like an ordinary card right? But, on the inside is a fun pop up card that resembles a book! So cool right?!
I added a different pattern from the Bohemian papers for the inside - with Delightful Dijon.
To finish it off, I added some butterflies - Who doesn't love butterflies?!!
I hope you like my card, have a wonderful day!
- Cut your card base 11" X 4-1/4" - score at 5-1/2" (set aside for later).
- Inside layer 10-1/2" X 4".
- Lining up at 5/8" on the 10-1/2" side and cut from 1-1/2" to 9", flip and repeat on opposite end.
- Score the entire length at 5-1/4".
- Score inside the cut lines (pop up book part) at 1-1/2", 2-1/2", 8" and 9".
- Score the outer edges at 3-7/8" and 6-5/8".
- Fold the middle section (between the cuts) - valley, mountain, valley in the center, mountain, valley.
- Fold the outer folds valley, mountain, valley on both ends.
- Add adhesive to the back of the insert on both short ends up to the 3-7/8" and 6-5/8" score lines - do not add adhesive to these parts or pop up will not work properly.
- Attach inside your card base, lining up the center scores - should be flat when open completely.
- Decorate as desired.
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks for stopping by, happy stamping!
Post a Comment